
To start with the wedding party, minus Nate's dad and little brother Ben due to them coming back from Russia, came in on Thursday. Once everyone got the The Lodge, the festivities began. The girls hung out in the "girls loft" and the boys in the down stairs room.
Now the girls, we just hung out played some games, had pizza and wine, and did a little exploring. The boys on the other hand decided to not only eat pizza, but to go javelina hunting and go explore the golf course. The funny part is while I was showing the girls where the ceremony was going to take place we ran into a javelina on the site. I called Nate and let him know we were starring right at one. He was shocked, told the guys, and they made their way back from Walmart with big flashlights and rope. We (the girls) all brushed it off and went back inside and starting taking bets on which one of the guys would end up in the hospital from javelina attacks. No worries, as many of you know they all came it with all their body parts.

The next day, Friday, my God father, Tom, took all the guys out golfing. I am not trying to be mean when I say this but I heard the day was very entertaining for all the passer bys. Meaning, the guys are not good golfers at all. However, the second group out was lucky enough to see a rattle snake. Poor Nate still has not seen one.

They also told us about a cactus that had a bunch of golf balls stuck in it, I am guessing one or two might have been made by the boys themselves.

As for the girls, we went up to the resort and got our nails done. Nothing very eventful but more laughs and everyone getting to know each other.

Now for the wedding itself. I don't know how to describe how magical it was. From the location to the people to the decor details, everything turned out like we imaged and in many cases better than we could. The pictures, which will be posted once we get them, will show you what I mean.
As for our photos, our photographer Amanda Rockafellow was amazing! I would recommend her to everyone I know, for any photo need. Sorry, got on a little tangent.

She took Nate and I out on golf carts to Hole 3 at The Lodge. IT WAS AWESOME! We took all of our private photos up there at sunset, with an Arizona thunderstorm in the back ground. Sigh...I loved it. On our last shot, however, the rain storm caught up with us. I felt one drop on my nose, and Amanda had one hit her camera. We got to the golf carts just in time and when we made it back to the reception area it stopped just long enough for us to get inside.
Then the party began. The food was very yummy and Nate and I actually got to eat our entire meal, which is rare for many wedding couples. We also did the non-messy version of the cake cutting while our friends Travis and Darci decided to show everyone the other version. It was so funny and cute at the same time.

The entertainment for the evening was my dad's band Mid Life Crisis. It looked like everyone was enjoying themselves and I think the band had a great time as well. Nate and I don't know how to thank them enough.
To be honest we don't know how to thank anyone enough, from Emily at The Lodge, our parents, the wedding party, Amanda, our videographer, and our friends and family. You all made our wedding perfect. Thank you with all of our love and gratitude.
Oh! If you were wondering where Todd was in all of this fun chaos, he was our ring bearer and did better then the flower girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment