To start with we stayed at the same hotel as the Texas Tech. football team. It was actually kind of cool when we figured out who they were and why they were there. Unfortunately, the lost their football game Saturday but just like the Wildcats (both KSU and U of A) you win some and loose some.
As for the rest of our time in OK City we did only one real tourist thing, the Oklahoma National Memorial.
It was amazing! It is one of my favorite memorials of all time. From the layout of the outside gardens, to the inside and all the emotions you feel while watching, listening, seeing everything, as well as the symbolism of everything. I just can't get over how powerful it all was.
Nate shared my sentiments. Yes, he had been there before, but he had never went inside the actual museum. As you can tell I highly recommend doing that, going inside on the self guided tour. It takes up two full floors and took Nate and I over an hour to get through the first floor. Time just flew, but stood still in the tragedy.
One of my favorite parts of the whole memorial was the survivor tree. It lived through the blast and is still thriving today.
Saturday night we decided to go down to Brick Town. It is a semi recent renovated restaurant district. It also has their triple A baseball stadium and a river boat ride. We decide to go to Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse. The service and food was absolutely superb. I would recommend it to anyone that goes to Oklahoma City.
Now for the sad part, Todd and I left Sunday morning after lunch. The next time we will see Nate is Thanksgiving weekend when we go to Texas to celebrate with his Granny.
I'm glad you got to see him! We'll have to get together over break or shortly after. Miss you!
ReplyDelete