
Well everyone, I have a made a new plan for my life at the moment, but I guess I should fill you in on a few things first.
To begin with, I have 1 newspaper class, 2 Lion Pride issues, 2 yearbook classes, and one yearbook to finish and I am officially done teaching at Whitefield. As for Anthem Media Group, I finish their on Friday May 14. Finally, Springboard Creative, Kevin is letting me stay until I say I am done.
That's the schedule of my working life, now for the "professional" part. With everything else I have been doing I have not been able to do a full out job search that I have been wanting to do. I get home at 4 or 5 p.m. every night so by the time I take the little dog out and get my job search out a lot of places are closed that I would like to call contact or I have no energy and just want to go on a walk with Todd. So it's hard to really put my energy out their the way I want to.
The good thing about this though is that I'm almost done with everything so I can actually find a "big kid" job. To do this I have decided to move down to Alabama to be with Nate and let Todd get a back yard. Yes, Nate will be busy doing his flight school stuff but we will actually be living together after almost 7 months of marriage.
My job, well as I mentioned earlier, will be finding a job. I am going to make phone calls, send out emails and portfolios, and applying for whatever job description fits me as a designer. I am also going to keep doing freelance work for Kevin from down there, which is nice. It keeps me designing and keeps connections open. As for where I am going to be looking for jobs, everywhere. Nate and I are going to talk about the places we could actually see ourselves settling down and I will focus the main part of my searching to those areas. However, I am also going to keep my options open due to the way my life likes to give me, and now Nate and Todd, twists and turns. But hey, life would be boring without them =0)
My final words on this next chapter my life is simple. I am moving out of Kansas City the first week of June and I am not looking back. I will miss my friends, but keep in touch, and my students at Whitefield but this is the push I need to continue to follow my dreams.
yea! long distance S-U-C-K-S!!! I'm happy for you all.
ReplyDelete