Monday, June 13, 2011

Post 100

I know it has been 10 days since my last post but life has been busy with home stands, visits, and puppies. So for my 100th post on Travels with Todd, I will fill you all in on everything that has been going on.

FURRY FRIENDS

The puppies are doing really well. They love having each other around to play with and more importantly, they keep each other company.

Todd still creeps on people on the balcony and Annie had to get a bigger cage because she used her tricks to get out of and destroy her other one. To be honest, a gorilla couldn't even get out of this one.



They have also made some friends in the dog park, which makes our visits even longer in the hot Texas summer. As long as they are having fun, I can get over it.

NATE NEWS


Nate is still up in Kansas finishing RL progression. The commanders, along with everyone else he has flown with, are more than impressed with his skill. Especially, since he only recently finished flight school. This means, that he has been getting through progression a lot faster than the average. This is good because he will be done in plenty of time for deployment, meaning he will actually be flying, and flying other people when over seas.

Speaking of deployment, the paper phase of pre-deployment is in full swing so Nate has been busy finalizing his will and other important paper work before he goes. It makes me catch my breath every now and then when we talk about it, but at least we are getting to talk about things and getting to understand everything before he goes.

As for the time line, who knows. The Army always like to change things so you can't expect anything to be set in stone. However, when July comes around "deployment readiness" for his unit kicks in. This means they are getting things ready to take down to Ft. Hood and over on deployment. Once they get down to Ft. Hood in the next two months or so (remember that timeline thing) and the deployment training and deployment officially begins. Boo for 15 month deployments. Oh well...at least at Ft. Hood we can still chat often.

Other than that Nate is doing well and still loves flying, and really, that's all that maters.

ALEX'S ANTICS

For me it's been baseball, baseball, and more baseball. I am still loving my job and the people I work with.

We have had two home stands and numerous events including a movie night and kids' day.

As for the RoughRiders, they are doing pretty well. We are in second place in the North, but second over all in the Texas league. We are also almost to the half way mark of my very first season. It's been crazy how fast time has flown and even though there are long nights, I can't complain about anything. I have even gotten to shoot some of the Rangers who were on rehab assignment with us in Frisco. Some of my pictures even made it on milb.com.

Scott Feldman

Nelly Cruz

Josh Hamilton

I have also been lucky that Nate has had a few little windows to come down to Dallas, get a game or two in, and relax. This last weekend, Nate and his youngest brother Ben, drove down for the weekend. I think Ben enjoyed himself, other than the 'Riders losing Saturday night. It also gave me an excuse to check out the lazy river pool at my apartment complex. It is way cool and relaxing, looks like I am going to be spending parts of my free weekends down there.

Other than that things have been pretty normal. My best friend Marissa got engaged a little over a week ago, so between her and Cicely I am busy helping them with whatever they need for their special days. My mom also pointed out, that after their weddings all three of us best friends will have married "B" men. It's funny, and apparently I still throw off the curve because I kept my last name too.

FIN

Well, there is the quick recap of everything that has been going on. Nothing to ground breaking, I know, but non the less it's life. Hopefully, I will have cooler posts soon.

Happy 100 Posts Travels with Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment