Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

I learned today why we actually have a Feb. 29 every four years, to make us (the Earth) catch up with the rest of the universe. Yep, true story.

Once my officemate and I looked up that information, we then started thinking back to four years ago and where we were in our lives. That would have been 2008 and I would have been ending my first senior year of college. Not to mention, my husband was just my friend and I had no idea what I was going to do with myself other than partying it up my second senior year.

Flash forward four years to now...in that time I got Todd, graduated from college, got married, made it through flight school, lived in three different states, landed my dream job, and did I mention am making it through this first deployment as an Army wife.

After we had our flash backs, I then shot to this massive question in my head. If all of this happened in this last four years what are the next four going to bring?

Most likely/hopefully we will own our own home, have gotten a promotion or even changed to a new job, will be getting ready for another deployment, and maybe even start thinking about starting a family.

.........

You know what, as scary as that all sounds I am really ok with all of those things if and when they happen. I will also take on anything else that is thrown my way.

So I guess I am raising my glass and taking my LEAP.

See you in four years Feb. 29!

2 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo. That's what it's all about. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Twenty five years ago (give or take) I had no idea I'd have such a wonderful daughter. Remember it was flight lessons or you. I'm still buying airplane tickets....but I do have a daughter.

    Do what ya do. It will all work out

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nate - just found this thru contact at CNAS.org.
    The U.S. Army Chief of Staff’s Professional Reading List for the development of leaders.
    Interesting recommended reading list from General Ray Odierno, includes novels Band of Brothers and Once an Eagle, along with classics like Thucydides Guide to the Peloponnesian War; but no Sun Tzu - The Art of War
    http://www.history.army.mil/html/books/105/105-1-1/CMH_%20Pub_105-5-1_2012.pdf
    Hi Alex - keep up the good stories
    Love from Unka T

    ReplyDelete