Then I opened the gift inside...it was a 1st edition "The Rough Riders" by Theodore Roosevelt himself.
I was speechless. It is an amazing gift that just touched my heart in so many ways. I showed it off to as many people as I could, and they too, were speechless about the gift. Both for what is was and that Nate knew how much I would love it.
Here are a few photos of this AMAZING book from my favorite president.

Oh, Alex, I recall your 1st excitement about President Teddy, when you were so young. Your insistence on finding his memorial park in Wash, D.C., when you were in middle school. Followed a few yrs later with intellectual discussion with our friend, Linda about his contributions & her later giving you his biography. You've become quite the Renaissance Woman. Luckily, you are with a man, who appreciates all facets of you. Outstanding choice, Nate, that you selected this 1st edition book to commemorate Alex's 1st yr with the RoughRiders baseball team. - Mom/Linda
ReplyDeleteMy sister Toni gave me a first edition of Ian Fleming's Casino Royale for my 60th birthday party - Linda you were there - and I still go over to the bookshelf and pick it up and cherish it and read it every year.
ReplyDeleteNate - You da Man! well done.