Saturday, March 6, 2010

Say it loud. Say it proud. CAVALIERS!

Well the season has finally come to an end, that is my coaching of a 4th-6th grade boys basketball team. We won our last game today 42-38, putting us at the top team in the league 5-2-1. The tie came from our first game of the season when we only had 4 of our 6 players, so I view it as the team personal victory of the season.

Overall, my thoughts on the season and my team are simple. I am very happy and proud of the season and all the progress that each of the boys had made. Both individually and as a team.

I have so many stories about each of the guys and the season that I could write a fun little book about it so I am not going to bore you with them.

I do have to say that I had a blast and could not have asked for a better team if I tried. I had numerous parents and coaches tell me that they always looked happy and acted as a team, and for a coach you couldn't ask for more.

(Front Row: Gage, Hunter, Ezra, Luke, Ben, Tyler Back Row: Me, Ben)

After our game today I brought cupcakes and Gatorade, which they loved, and the guys finally got to tackle Ben, my assistant coach and brother-in-law. The team also got Ben and I a gift, basketballs signed by the entire team.


I have one last thing to say to end the season.
Say it loud. Say it proud. CAVALIERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment