Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Home, New Look

Well I think Todd and I am finally settled in our new dwellings in Enterprise, AL.

For those of you who are not up to date, about a week ago Nate took some leave, surprising those back in KC, and helped pack up our apartment and moved me down to Alabama. This was not a shock for me because Nate and I planed this about a month ago. Here's a quick summary (the big one is in another post):

I finished my year of teaching, my magazine design internship and my creative internship. With those being finished it gave me time to do a HUGE job search. So, I thought to myself, why not spend my time searching down in Alabama with my husband. Before this Nate and I have only spent a little over 2 months living together...we kind of missed each other. Now Todd and I are with Nate for at least the summer and we are one very happy family.

Now for Alabama news:

Nate, Todd and I live in the same townhouse he was in before. We are also not alone in the house. His old roommate, the one that was a little weird, was kicked out of flight school but Nate still has one more roommate, Amos Bazil (love his name).

Now Amos has a wife, Jamie, and two daughters, Briahna, 4, and Hailey, 2. They live in Topeka, KS while Amos is going through school. Since it's summer and I didn't want to be "lonely" while the boy's were doing their thing, I suggested that Amos' family came down for the summer, I mean we have the room. Also, Jamie is an elementary school teacher so she has the whole summer off. The girls are wonderful and Jamie is so sweet. I am glad they are here. So we now have a full house and I am very excited.

Todd is not sure what to do with his new little friends though. They like to chase him around the house and you should see Todd trying to figure out the sounds they make, he has no clue what they are. It's very entertaining for me to watch.

As for the living situation, Nate and I have the master suite so we can go hide away when we are not in the mood for dress-up, dolls and Disney. The Bazil family took the other two bedrooms and the full bathroom upstairs. As for downstairs, it feels like we are in college again, using the mismatched dishes and furniture. We are keeping a lot of our wedding dishes and other odd and ends boxed up so they don't get broken or lost in the shuffle, but they will be brought out and get use once I move again.

Todd is also LOVING his, yes his, backyard. He has neighbor dog friends that he races along the fence line and enough space where he can run around like a crazy. He is also not sure what to do with the sprinkler.

As for getting out and about...not so much yet, but what I have seen is very stereotypical of what you think it would be like. There are the Army families and the not. I am also fully recovered from my surgery and as soon as I am good to drive and wear something other than sweat pants or basketball shorts I will go do some exploring. I am also, as I mentioned earlier, starting my massive job search. I will be looking for creative/design jobs all over the country. Nate and I don't have limitations as to where to live now which makes looking for "the perfect job" a lot more easier. I mean, we do have some more favorite areas and cities but are not limiting our life after flight school to that.

I will post some pictures of the roommates, our house and Alabama life soon.

p.s. I also thought since we are starting another new chapter in our lives, Travels with Todd should get an update too. Hope you like the new look!



No comments:

Post a Comment