I was really excited, one, to get away, and two because we finally got to use the camping stuff we got at our wedding (thanks again). Finally, I was excited to get the puppies out in the woods. Yes, Annie is little and this was her first opportunity to go, but for Todd (almost two) we finally got to take him. Let's just say we all enjoyed it immensely. By the way our 6 person tent not only had a closet in it, but also a doggie door!
To start with, the camp ground was quant and the park itself not so big but perfect for a quick weekend get away. We hooked the dogs to their cords and set up our tent, we then looked around us and were not really suprised to see that out of all the campers in the park there were only two or three other groups that were not in campers. I am sorry if I offend anyone but I thought the whole part of camping was to be out in nature, not hiding away in your camper and getting into your truck/suv to go to the nearest town for dinner. No, I am not joking, one of the families next to us actually drove into town to get dinner instead of grilling out.
Sigh...anyway.
Annie was very happy because there were a bunch of kids running around and that loved to pet her. Not to mention talk to me and Nate for 20-30 min. at a time. Not to mention Annie got to meet Annie, a golden retriever.
We had a full day on Sat. to explore the trails and go to the waterfall, unfortunately it wasn't really falling, only dripping. The trail was really neat though. It went by a little swimming lake, alligators and all, to a nice wooden path. I do commend them for the work and service at the park.
By the way, I was kind of surprised at the woods, it was not what I expected but made me happy because it was so "woody."
I also got to see these banana spiders Nate talked so much about. We saw three different webs, two little and one big. The small ones were on the trail in the woods and the big one was about up in the tree tops at our camp site. I would not be surprised if she was as big as my hand if I held her.
One other fun thing, in a weekend of many, was the camp fire. We had some fire color changer and put it on the fire of the evening, it made for an amazing light show.
All in all it was a great get-away and some much needed r-and-r for all.




No comments:
Post a Comment