To start our weekend off right, his IP let him go early because he already flew and he wanted us to get there safely. This put us into the city around 11:30 p.m. instead of 1 or 2 a.m., I told Nate to thank him a lot for me.
Saturday we had some time to kill before the game so we walked from the Hilton to Olympic Park, CNN, the aquarium, and last but not least Coke. Though I went to ATL my freshman year of college, I was not able to take a tour of Coke so Nate got some tickets and we went on a fun adventure. I am always amazed by Coke and their branding ability, and this trip just heighten that reaction.
You first walk into this room with different ads and memorabilia from all over the world and different areas. Next you watch a video, then its off to explore. It was really neat to see everything, to how Coke is made to art inspired by Coke.
Finally, as you walk through the whole thing you see clusters of Coke bottles designed in cool ways.
To end our Coke tour experience we got to go into the tasting room and try Coke products from around the world. We also got a free Coke at the exit!
Oh, I forgot to mention, Coke is going green as well. Outside they used crushed up glass bottles as landscaping (don't worry kids could not get into it).
After our fun Coke experience, we dropped our stuff back at the hotel, got a cab, and headed to Turner Field to watch a fun filled Atalanta Braves game.
I told Nate going into the stadium that I wanted it to be a good game, with the Braves beating the St. Louis Cardinals of course. I mean they are my favorite team in major league baseball so of course I wanted them to get the "W." I also told Nate that this was the best gift he could ever get me for our anniversary, except for maybe Tiffany diamonds =0) but it's totally true.
Let's just say I got my wish about the game, it went to 12 innings, tied at 3. Then in the bottom of the 12th with bases loaded Alex Gonzalez game up to bat. Him and I had an Alex heart to heart and his next swing brought a 3 run homer. Braves win 6-3!
It was an amazing night. Thanks again Nate, you are the best husband ever!
To end our anniversary adventures we opened a bottle of champagne we received as a wedding gift, had cupcakes from a local bakery I found (with help of a new friend) in Enterprise, AL, and finally (with a tip from my dad) went to the High Museum of Art in downtown Atlanta to view the late work of Salvador Dali. The toast was great, the cupcakes yummy, and the gallery showing was absolutely stunning.
All in all it was a trip to remember and Nate and I are both ready and excited for what the next year of our life will bring.

p.s. I forgot one last thing...Nate finally got Chipotle.









May the blessings of your life together continue with such joyous moments.
ReplyDeleteLove to both of you - Mom/Linda
Your life is so fun and beautiful. I'm as happy for you as anyone could ever be for another person. :)
ReplyDelete