Friday, March 11, 2011

Dr Pepper Ballpark

This is Dr Pepper Ballpark, home of the Frisco RoughRiders (the Texas Rangers AA team) and where I go to work everyday.

I feel so blessed to have gotten this job, work where are do, and have the co-workers and boss that I do. Here are some quick facts about my first official big-kid job.
  • My official title is Graphic Design Coordinator, and I am the only graphics person on staff.
  • My biggest project of the season is the PlayBall program, it comes out every home game of the season and has a total of 70 different covers.
  • Not only do I design the programs, I do a lot of other stuff including LCD, Rider Vision, LED, and TV graphics; concession boards; photos of fans, games, events and food; ads for clients; web graphics; posters; logos; and a bunch of other stuff (sorry the list would be way to long for this post).
  • I share my office with Rob, a 25 year old Baylor masters graduate who is in-charge of accounts for the BallPark, which means, not only do we share an office, he (along with four others) gives me creative briefs as well. We just finished a bunch of stuff for Whataburger.
  • Everyone I work with around my age to mid thirties, minus the RoughRiders president.
  • About 45 people work here....6 are women, including me. Let's just say, with so many guys, there is never a dull moment or someone to entertain you.
  • We are lucky enough to get out at 4:30 p.m. on Friday's.
  • And the final quick fact, since the stadium is owned by Dr Pepper, we get all the Dr Pepper and Dr Pepper products our little refrigerators can hold and when the ice cream vendor visits, we get free ice cream.
As you can tell I have a lot to do but I am also never board with any of it and nothing seems redundant. Yes, I know I just only finished my third week, but it's true. The season is just around the corner so I am getting even more new and exciting projects.

I just love it and like I said earlier, I am so lucky that I got the job I did. I couldn't have imagined anything better.

3 comments:

  1. So incredibly happy for you Alex!! Good things come to those who wait!! Enjoy the Dr. Pepper for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Alex, as your Mom & your greatest fan, you've hit the home run. The ball is out of the ball park and Alf there to catch it. We're all cheering for you. Congratulations! You said you can hear the wack of the players hitting the balls from your office. Must be a wonderful sound; not the sound of Blackhawks, but an equally good sound. Sports & design - you could not have written a better job description. Here's to the summer - Play Ball!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOSH I just re-read this and clicked on the photo to zoom in. There is an IKEA next door!!! You didn't tell me this! Did you know that's on my list?!? Definitely coming to visit FOR SURE now! Oh and to see you. And Todd. ;-)

    ReplyDelete