Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sights and Sounds

Right as I type this, Nate and I are Skyping with each other. During this conversation, I heard the Blackhawks flying in the background and it made me sigh.

(The photo is one I took of the Blackhawks flying over the house, the kicker Nate is actually the one flying it!)

Believe it or not I miss the sound of helicopters flying at all times of the day and night and I miss watching them fly over the house. Who thought I would actually miss something flight school related.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that you would "miss" the sensory aspects of the military base. When I visited you & Nate, as we prepped for your move to Texas, you took me on the Army Post. It was similar to your experience for me. It was actually comfortable & comforting to return to an Army Post, having spent 15 years living on or around an Army fort. Dad was 82nd Airborne.

    ReplyDelete