To me, it felt like the first day of school again. I was nervous, wanted to make sure I was going to the right places and was able to help others find where they were supposed to go, and was ready to hang out with my friends (aka the co-workers).
We have a lot to do during the game, make sure our sponsors are taken care of, promotions go off smooth, help people with ticketing issues, as well as many other things. Now for me, I get some specific duties. If an LCD needs changing, signs or menus need updating or there are problem with graphic files I run up, fix them, then get back to the game.
While it sounds like a lot, it's really not. Myself, and my fellow 'Rider employees get to watch the majority of the game while in great company.
I almost forgot, my other duty as design coordinator is to take pictures during the game. It felt great to shoot again — the fans, the players, the Dr Pepper Ballpark — you name it, I love it.
Here are a few shots from the game.
Hand cut the RoughRiders logo for the first PlayBall (program) cover.
Miss Frisco threw out the first pitch of the game, let's just say it was "a little" high.
National anthem with Round Rock Express players and coaches.
Our first run of the game.
Official opening day starts April 7th. So excited and I promise to keep you all posted with better stories for the games to come.

Alex - Looks like you're in the perfect "big kid" job. Everything you love: sports, outdoors, photography, design, print media. One game done & 69 to go. - Mom
ReplyDeletePlay Ball !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDad
You do know who will be sitting in the seat right next to you dont you ??
ReplyDeleteAlf.......