Sunday, November 20, 2011

Artsy Weekend

With the season being over, one of my goals was to start exploring the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and get more involved. One of the biggest things I have done so far is become a member of the Dallas Museum of Art.

Once I got my membership details, I was anxiously awaiting my first event - the membership preview of The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier.

For the event, which took place a few weeks ago, I invited my mom in to share in the fashion experience. The instillation was amazing and the fashion, WOW. Each room had it's own feeling, and Gaultier took a note from Disney and had projections of faces on about 75% of the mannequins, they even talked/sang/whistled at you. As for the fashion, he is amazing. The details and amount of time that went into each piece, I have no words. In the note plaques, they even had how long it took to make each piece of couture, the longest one I remember took 180 hours.

So, if you are in the Dallas area from now until February I would suggest checking it out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a good idea--art museums will always light up your brain! How did this exhibit influence your own style? Hmmm, lace and ribbons, flowing fabric . . .:-} ldk

    ReplyDelete