Sunday, January 1, 2012

Peace Out 2011, Hello 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
To start 2012 I first need to wrap up the last month of 2011. There is a lot to go through so I am just going to do the quick updates.

WEDDING
On Dec. 17 Nate's cousin, Josiah, married the sweet LeeAnn.

I was lucky enough to be there in their rustic, out in the country wedding. It was a lovely ceremony that fit the couple perfectly. Words can not describe how happy I am for Josiah, and how excited I am LeeAnn has joined me in the "extended" family.

For my date, I took my friend Gab...no worries Nate approved =0) and was able to see my in-laws. Believe it or not, I even got both of my brother-in-laws to dance.


AUNT V.
Unfortunately, while we were driving to the wedding venue, I received news from my mom that Aunt Virginia passed away. She was a sweet woman who meant so much to so many people.

When I got the news I knew what I had to do, fly up to Portland, OR as soon as I got back from the wedding to be with my mom and that side of the family. It was good to see everyone even though the circumstances were what they were.

For some happier moments of that trip, my mom and I got to go to our favorite downtown restaurant, Jakes, and had some yummy seafood in Aunt Virginia's honor.

We also stayed in this really fun/funky hotel with art and fun architecture at every turn.


TUCSON/CHRISTMAS
After we said our goodbyes to everyone in Oregon, my mom flew back to Dallas so she could make the long drive back to Tucson with me and the puppies.

The trip, however, was not without it's moments.

We left Dallas after my half day at work and knew/decided we were going to stop in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Little did we know, that when we woke the next morning there would be a butt load of snow and ice on the ground. Not to mention, the state of New Mexico shut down I-10 from state line to state line. Because of that we got to spend another day locked in the hotel room. The good part about it, Annie got to play in the snow for the first time.

The next day, when the roads finally opened, we finished up the last 5 hours of the trip and had one hour before our annual Christmas Eve party. Oh! I almost forgot, with all of this traveling, the cold I was almost over came back, and in full force too. I felt horrible.

The rest of my holiday at home went great other than still being sick. I got some surprise gifts and phone calls from Nate, had a wonderful dinner with my parents, saw best friends and family, and got some much needed rest in the lovely Arizona desert. Todd and Annie also got in on the Christmas spirit and had to look at/sniff every gift.

I even got to see some wildlife while I was home. A hawk, rattlesnake and coyote at home, and deer and mountain lion on my run through Sabino Canyon.


NATE
Speaking of Nate, other than a few frustrations he is doing well.

They have had a lot of VIPs come through during the holiday times, including the Eagles cheerleaders, Jordan Sparks (singer), Tech9ine (a great KC rapper), and those are just a few of the big names that have come through the USO. I am also glad to hear that so many people have come through to, not only, cheer up the guys, but give them something entertaining to do as well.

If you're worried if he got to celebrate Christmas, he got to in the Army way. The unit got a tree delivered to them, with decorations made from a bunch of elementary school children. Not to mention, Santa even stopped in with some of his helpers.

As for work, well he is busy, busy doing 1LT duties and gets to go fly around in the sand box every once and a while.


2012
Well, that is the wrap up of 2011 and now we are one day into 2012. I am excited to see what this next year brings. I also wish all of you a year full of fun, peace, happiness, and new adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment