As for the end of the year, well I am on full push to get through it. At work, I have five major projects to get done in five days. No worries, I can easily do that. We also have our staff holiday party next Wednesday where the "newbies" get to put on skits...yep hazing at it's most fun.
After that, I get to head back to Tucson for the first time in about a year. I am so excited to see friends and family and spend Christmas in the desert. Of course, the Christmas Eve party will take place and my planner is already filling up with people to see and places to go.
Oh! I almost forgot one more thing that I have started this month, I am training for my first ever half marathon. Yep, call me crazy (and I know some of you do already) but I am so excited. I signed up for a training class through a local Dallas running store. We have small group runs Tuesday and Thursday mornings and our long group runs on Sunday mornings. I am in my first official week right now and it is already taking effect on my body.
My sleep schedule is totally different, I get up at 4:15 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday now and 5 a.m. on Sundays to make it to my groups. Tues. and Thur. are earlier because we have to be able to get back to get ready for the average 9 to 5 job. As you well know, I am not a morning person and my body has problems going to sleep before midnight/1 a.m. I will hit a wall at some point and, hopefully, my body will figure it out. It is also making me more hungry and I have actually eaten breakfast the last two mornings. Even with these changes, I am still excited about this. The race is the last weekend in March, and my last free weekend before the 2012 RoughRiders season starts.
So crazy.
That is what is filling the end of my 2011 and if this month, in conjunction with the rest of my year, sets the tone for what's to come I can't wait for 2012.
hi beautiful - just wanted you to know that the photo of you and me together on your Wedding Day is still in that magnet frame on my refrigerator door.
ReplyDeleteI stop and smile at you several times a week.
it's currently holding a recipe for fish pie that I got from my friend Eimear in Dublin.