While he is still in Alabama and I am in Kansas City this made things a little harder but I still made it happen. Yesterday, my first gift for Nate arrived. It wasn't anything to exciting but I completed his collection of one of his, and lucky for me, favorite shows "The Office." Not to mention an awesome card from Todd the dog and another one from me.
As for today I was lucky, kind of. At work the server was down and we found out after an hour and a half of sitting there talking about the upcoming K-State vs. KU basketball game and the crazy tech. guy, that it was not going to be fixed until 5p.m. or so on Sunday. That meant I got to leave early and figure out what I was making for Nate's birthday.
Now I know you might be asking yourself one simple question, how am I going to pull off making dinner when we are states away from each other? Well it's simple really. I got all of the ingredients and then told/texted Nate what he needed to get at the store when he was done with his Army day.
When he got home from his duties he then found his next gift from me waiting for him at the door. A birthday treat, OREOS! They were custom decorated with frosting and birthday images. He was very excited and told me this should be his new bday tradition. I laughed and told him we would see.
Anyway, back to dinner. We got on Skype and made dinner together. I told him the steps as I was making it that way it was we were cooking together. We then watched some of our favorite TV shows, while still Skyping.
I like Skype for that reason, while we are far apart we are still able to see each other, communicate and celebrate. I know it wasn't the best birthday option, but Nate said it was still a great birthday.
So raise your glass to Nate! Happy Birthday and may the next year bring you more joys and adventures!
p.s. He shares his birthday with our friend Darci, happy birthday to you too, oh and apparently Oprah as well.
it was a great day for a birthday. very creative ideas!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so fun and so cute.
ReplyDeleteI have to ask though. How did you find out about personalizing Oreos and where can I do this!?!?!