Sunday, July 25, 2010

Antoinette

So you know how when I got Todd people said I was crazy...well call me, and now Nate, crazy again. The reason for this craziness is a little puppy named Antoinette, Annie for short, and the newest addition to our little family.


The story of how we got her goes something like this.

Nate and I were getting stuff to make cup cakes for the afternoon and we saw a car in the store parking lot that said "Free Puppies," so just like any person would do, we stopped. (side note: this parking lot always has dogs for sale in it over the weekends and this was not our first time stopping to look) We thought that we would just see some cute puppies and go do our thing, then Nate locked eyes with Annie and they had that same look that Todd and I did over a year and a half ago. We just looked at each other and told the women that we would think about it.


Now Annie and her nine brother's and sister's are mutts — we think Lab and German Shepard — the woman giving them away said Lab something mix. They were born in this ladies back yard to a random dog and her and her daughter took them in on their farm but don't want to/aren't able to keep them all so they tried the "Free" thing and next weekend are giving them to the pound.

After walking around the store and giving our roomie, Amos, a heads up and asking if he was cool with it, we decided that when we went back out to the parking lot and she was not taken yet we would bring her home. I think you guys can figure out what happened next. We also found out that the other brown puppy, a male, was adopted as well as the runt of the litter.

When we got home Nate took her right to the back yard for a bath and I spent some time with Todd. We then brought Todd out for the introductions. He was not sure what to really do with her. However, today (Sunday) Todd has embraced his new little pupster. She egged him on to play this morning and this afternoon Todd actually brought his cow (given to him by my dad) and taught her how to play tug of war. IT WAS GREAT!


Now I know, this was crazy and even though I told Nate I would get him a puppy after he graduated flight school you can't fight a connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment