Monday, October 25, 2010

Nate News

Mapping It

I feel like I am back working on a major design project or RP deadline. However, this time the project is not mine, it's Nate's.

He and his classmates are now getting ready to move on to their next phase of training, BWS, but before they can officially start they have one more check ride and a mapping project. Now, you may think this is an easy task...but it's not. It takes the average flight school student 40 to 60 hours, let me say that again, 40 to 60 hours to complete it. Did I mention they still have class, flight line, a check ride to study for and 10 days to finish it?

Lucky for us we have a spacious living room area. Here is what it all looks like:

This is just part of what the guys have to trace, but the starting point is getting these maps, as well as the blank maps but and in order.
To trace the maps, Cody and Nate use or french door windows and swivel lamp. Not to mention 5 different color pens, rulers, CDs and a power aid lid.
The dogs have to stay outside mostly because Annie tries to eat the maps and Todd just wants Cody to pay attention to him.
This is my work station. I offered to cut all the maps, help glue them together and tape the edges.
Once a map is traced they have to double check their work and label the towers, lines and some other stuff.
So far Nate has two of five sections of the map done and is starting on his third. I will post the final project once it is complete. For now I am going to get back to taping so when Nate get's home he can move on to the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment