Now let me explain.
Right now Nate's unit is in "deployment mobilization" mode. This means they are in the process of complete deployment training and getting everything ready to go. They stay with their unit, hardly have time to talk to the outside world (however, we are still able to text and have a phone call every now and then), and fly, fly, fly.
After about a month of this, his unit will head down to Ft. Hood, Texas to meet up with two other Blackhawk units, Austin and Hawaii. Once they all meet up they will have about two months of training together and get their final orders.
Then, finally, off they go.
To some of you, it might not seem like he is actually in a deployment now, but like I tried to explain, he is. I will get to see him one more time. That day, not sure when it will be yet, but it's the day they officially leave and have a little "family say goodbye" function at Ft. Hood.
As soon as I know more information I will let you all know. Now, I need to get ready to mark off another day from the 15 month count down.
No comments:
Post a Comment