Monday, July 4, 2011

...Happy 4th...

I know it has been a little while since I last posted, but once again things have been a crazy busy blur. For right now though, I will just start with my 4th of July.

This morning Nate left to meet back up with his unit to start Deployment Mobilization tomorrow. This is it people, the deployment is officially beginning. This means we are heading into month 1 of 15. It also gives me a whole new perspective on Independence Day. I will fill you in on all these details later.

After lunch with Nate I headed to the office to get some work done, as well as, get things ready for tonight's RoughRiders game against Arkansas. The game was a blur and thanks to my friend Gab, Daisy one of the teams mascots, and catcher Elio Sarmiento, I made it through the patriotic filled evening.

On a good note, we won the game 6-3 and the players, along with everyone else at Dr Pepper Ballpark watched a great fireworks show.

Hope you all had a good and fun 4th of July.

1 comment:

  1. There is no greater sacrifice than that of military personnel and their family. Being deployed on the 4th of July brings that message home to your extended family and friends with a whole another dimension and depth. You are each others light. Each of you have internal strength. Know that you are surrounded by love and support.

    ReplyDelete