Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dog Days

So on Oct. 1 Todd the dog turned one. To celebrate Nate and I took him to the Shawnee Mission dog park. I think it is one of my favorite spots in KC too, it is just peaceful and fun to see all the people and their dogs. Not to mention the dog park has all different types of areas: woods, prairie, and Todd's favorite, the lake.



As I mentioned earlier it is really cool to see everyone with their dogs, and I think it's true what they say about people and their dogs, they look like each other. The second Nate said that and I laughed and agreed I immediately turned to him and asked if Todd and I looked alike? He just smiled and laughed and tossed another stick into the water for Todd to go after.

Todd and the water don't really get along, but the more times we go down there the more he inches himself in the lake. One of these days he will actually go in after the sticks we throw out there.



One thing that Todd has done is made dog friends every time he has gone down there. I think it's good for him, interacting with other dogs, he is learning a lot from watching the older dogs and he gets his energy out with the younger ones. On his birthday there was one dog that he ran around with for an hour.



Thanks to that puppy Todd was passed out for most of the afternoon.

As for Nate and I, we celebrated by having cake, having friends over for dinner, and watched The Office. Talk about a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment